1. The 7-5-3 Rule for Answer Writing in UPSC Mains Exam
Schoolkart brings you the seven-five-three rule, which aspirants should follow during answer writing practice for the UPSC. Following this method will make it easy for them to answer questions in the actual mains exam.
Major types of questions asked in the UPSC Mains Exam
• Evaluate/Critically Evaluate
• Critically Examine
These are the types of questions asked in the IAS mains exam and candidates’ should at least read the questions twice, understand the need for the question and answer accordingly and again should keep in mind the time constraint.
It is always recommended to refer UPSC Previous years’ question papers to get a glimpse of the kind of questions are asked in the mains exam.
Here’s how to apply the 7-5-3 rule in answering the questions of UPSC Mains Exam:
What is 7-5-3 Rule for answer writing in the UPSC Exam?
The 7-5-3- rule is as simple as the numbers given, where
• SEVEN – Candidates’ should ensure to answer the question in 7 minutes
• FIVE – Write 5 points in their answers centring the keyword (advised to keep it in bullet-points)
• THREE – Elaborate each point in 3 dimensions (as per the need of the question)
• In Social, Economic, Political and Geographical perspective
• For, against, and conclusion
2. How to Read the Newspaper Exclusively for IAS and Link it to the UPSC Syllabus !
The newspaper reading for UPSC Current affairs can be differentiated into two parts; one is news (which is important for IAS Exam) and the other is noise (which, one should avoid and not waste time on).
News vs Noise
Consider the news articles about demonetization that appeared in the paper on a single day. Make sure you know how to segregate news from the noise. The following image illustrates how:
Candidates do not need to read the entire newspaper to prepare for current affairs of the IAS Exam. Major portions from the newspaper which candidates should avoid are Politics, Sports, and Entertainment.
It is advised to read the important news first and later reread it and make notes out of it, because if you start making notes in the first read itself then you are likely to end up creating your own newspaper.
A candidate should focus on the core theme or issue as most parts of the newspaper are noise, so just phase it out.
3. Make notes of the What, Why and How
The What: Specifics of the occasion/news within reach, however from a 10,000 foot view. A decent daily paper ensures that the feature advises you of the key takeaway.
The Why: Why is this news critical? For what reason did this make into the present daily paper? What were the occasions driving upto it?
The How: This line of thinking gets you into the details of the current news. This is the place you become more acquainted with about the associations and the idea of authorizations which are set up.
4. Importance of Current Affairs
UPSC administrator D.P. Agrawal was tending to the Kerala State Civil Service Academy and he praised the significance of Current Affairs.
He said it was impressive how well students scored in their optional papers — where they put in more effort to raise the overall score at the expense of neglecting their reading of general issues in the country and the world over. The candidates should be well-read, he said adding that learning by rote had entered the interview process as well.
There are sure routes for current issues readiness keeping in mind the end goal to wind up the ace of this field. Here are a portion of the vital hints depicted for reference: -
• Read the daily paper – This is the best and customary approach to plan current issues for IAS. Applicants should be refreshed with the inclining themes occurring over the globe. Perusing daily paper consistently fills your psyche with certainties and perspectives and this will enhance your abilities to compose article papers in exams.
• National and International news – You should take after the occasions and exercises happening across the country and around the world. Take after races held in huge countries, respective visits of Presidents and PMs, UN, IMF, World Bank and other significant occasions for consciousness of universal issues.
• Read from Internet – The advancement of web and online media has opened the entryways for applicants who are continually searching for quality investigation material. The advantage of perusing from the web is that one can without much of a stretch check the rightness of information, confirm data and get different perspectives on any point. You can likewise allude and buy in different ebooks and online magazines for current undertakings readiness.
• Apps for contemplate – We are experiencing the period of advanced cells where these gadgets are turning into a fundamental piece of our everyday life. Advanced mobile phones are about applications. The uplifting news for UPSC applicants is that they can keep their investigation material on their portable and convey it wherever they go.
• Organize your readiness – From the main day of current issues arrangement, begin making short notes and gap the notes subject astute in little modules. One can get ready either written by hand notes or settle on computerized arrange. These notes will assist you with channelizing your examination on various points.
5. Continuously design your examinations
A powerful study plan design is proposed. Prior to beginning your planning, know the UPSC Syllabus completely and design your study plan in a like manner.
Keep in mind, it's not the number of hours you commit for considers, however, it's the nature of time spent in contemplating. Plan your timetable for multi-day or week and stick to it as this will assist you with finishing the syllabus inside the set time frame. The selective study plan doesn't imply that you should give significance just to well-known themes to ponder. Have a correct line of assault towards thinking about with a specific end goal to accomplish in the UPSC Mains Exam.
Influencing your own notes amid the arrangement to the procedure of IAS Exam will help you in changing effectively. Yet, don't invest more energy in influencing notes, to attempt to influence small-scale notes or make to point savvy notes which can be modified effortlessly amidst the most recent couple of long periods of examination.
The particular examination will make your readiness agreeable and successful yet be careful and for the sake of specific investigation don't skip what is to be contemplated.
6. More Answer Writing
While getting ready for IAS Exam influence a propensity for answer composing as it too will help you in the genuine exam corridor. Rehearsing answer composing will help you in organizing your answer, and give you a thought regarding what to incorporate and not to in your answer. Besides, while composing answer in the examination corridor you may discover beginning issue or stall out in the middle of and you may not cross as far as possible.
Rehearsing answer composing each day amidst your planning procedure for IAS Exam will help you in composing answers in the real exam lobby
7.Be Relaxed on the Exam Day
After the whole battle of arrangement for UPSC Civil Services Exams such as IAS, IPS, IFS and different administrations, here comes the day to enter the war zone called UPSC Examination Center where you need to move one of the hardest exams in the nation.
Regardless of whether you are a newbie or a veteran, it doesn't make a difference as on the D-day you will get strained and apprehensive.
Thus, it is encouraged to remain calm and certain and readied to confront this purported.
"UPSC Exam Battle"